DescriptionNRS 427V All Week DiscussionsNRS427VNRS 427V Week 1 DQ1What is your idea of a healthy community? Provide specific examples. What do healthy communities have in common? How would you provide care for a community if your idea of a healthy community does not match your community’s definition of a healthy community? NRS 427V Week 1 DQ2Consider the different communities to which you belong:What is the geopolitical community in you live? Why is it geopolitical?What is a phenomenological community to which you belong? Why is it a phenomenological community?What would some challenges and benefits be for community health nurses in providing care for different communities? For similar communities? For the same community? What are some possible solutions to the challenges? NRS 427V Week 2 DQ1What are social determinants of health? How do social determinants of health contribute to the development of illness? What is a communicable disease chain? Are there steps that a nurse can take to break a link within the communicable disease chain? Give a specific example.Readings within your text covering international/global health and the following websites will assist you in answering these questions:U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Global Health website: http://www.cdc.gov/cogh/index.htmU.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Global Health website: http://www.globalhealth.gov/index.htmlFamilies USA – Why Global Health Matters—Here and Abroad website: http://www.familiesusa.org/World Health Organization (WHO) website: http://www.who.int NRS 427V Week 2 DQ 2 Select a global health issue impacting the international health community. Briefly describe the global health issue and its impact on the larger health care system (i.e., continents, regions, countries, states, and health departments). How can health care delivery systemswork collaboratively to address global health concerns?Readings within your text covering international/global health and the following websites will assist you in answering these questions:U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Global Health website: http://www.cdc.gov/cogh/index.htmU.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Global Health website: http://www.globalhealth.gov/index.htmlFamilies USA – Why Global Health Matters—Here and Abroad website: http://www.familiesusa.org/World Health Organization (WHO) website: http://www.who.int NRS 427V Week 3 DQ 1 What is the difference between a group “at risk” for poor health and a group considered a “vulnerable” population? Provide an example of a group at risk and a group considered a vulnerable population.Explain why members of these groups cannot advocate for themselves or why advocating for these groups would be beneficialWhat would you advocate for? NRS 427V Week 3 DQ 2How can community health nurses apply the strategies of cultural competence to their practice? Provide at least one example from each of the following four strategies: cultural preservation, cultural accommodation, cultural repatterning, and cultural brokering. What is a possible barrier to applying the strategy/example chosen? Use an example that is different than the postings of other students. NRS 427V Week 4 DQ 1What is your evaluation of the effectiveness of the U.S. health care system in the context of delivery, finance, management, and/or sustainability? What are the issues that prompted a need for health care reform? Support your answer with a credible data reference. Do not use a reference already used by another student. NRS 427V Week 4 DQ 2The Affordable Care Act was signed into law by President Barack Obama in March 2010. Many of the provisions of the law directly affect health care providers. Review the following online resources:Key Features of the Affordable Care Act: http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts/timeline/index.htmlHealth Care Transformation: the Affordable Care Act and More:http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/Policy-Advocacy/HealthSystemReform/AffordableCareAct.pdfWhat are the most important elements of the Affordable Care Act in relation to community and public health? What is the role of the nurse in implementing this law? NRS 427V Week 5 DQ 1Throughout this course, you have viewed the Diary of Medical Mission videos dealing with the catastrophic earthquake in Haiti in 2010. Reflect on this natural disaster by answering the following questions:Propose one example of a nursing intervention related to the disaster from each of the following levels: primary prevention, secondary prevention, and tertiary prevention. Provide innovative examples that have not been discussed by a previous student.Under which phase of the disaster do the three proposed interventions fall? Explain why you chose that phase.With what people or agencies would you work in facilitating the proposed interventions and why?Link to the Diary of Medical Mission videos: NRS 427V Week 5 DQ 2What spiritual issues surrounding a disaster can arise for individuals, communities, and health care providers? Explain your answer in the context of a natural or manmade disaster. How can a community health nurse assist in the spiritual care of the individual, community, self, and colleagues?
NRS 427V All Week Discussions
NRS 427V All Week Discussions
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Elite Writers only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Elite Writers are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Elite Writers is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: At Elite Writers, we have put in place a team of experts who answer to all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.